Wednesday, February 11, 2015



So I'm trying this thing called "have my work in on time," and it turns out a major step is doing my work a day early. This is a revolutionary concept to someone who's been consistently posting all her blog posts at least day late, but I'm trying it out anyway.

I just realized I wrote my last blog post so late, there's only been a day in between that post and this one. And honestly I don't have a lot to write, because I've only done my new stress reducing plan for one day so far- Tuesday. And I completely failed it on Tuesday.

Let's start from the beginning of the day. I woke up, went back to sleep, woke up, went back to sleep, and finally woke up for good about 30 minutes before I had to leave. I finally convinced myself to get out of bed 20 minutes before I left. Then I remembered the exercises I said I would do, and attempted 30 lunges, but it didn't go so great because my room is about two lunges wide. I had to turn around every other lunge, and I was also still half asleep so every time I turned, I lost balance and tripped a little. You know when baby horses are just born and they can't really stand up straight without falling? That's what I looked like. Except imagine the baby horse was trying to do lunges across a tiny, messy room after it had just woken up. I didn't even bother with the wall squats because I was running out of time and I don't even have any wall space.

The lack of room and clumsiness aside, the lunges were honestly a great wake up. I felt super energized for someone who had gotten six and a half hours of sleep the night before (note to self: get more sleep. That's a great stress reducer). That's about where the good effect the lunges had on me ended because I had spent too much time doing them and I missed my bus, causing me to be late for school. The rest of the day was kind of a blur, but when I got home I had to do a bunch of chores and I didn't have time to play guitar. I also completely forgot to do the stretches before bed. Long story short: the entire day was a total fail. I'll try again tonight, I promise!

I thought of a new thing to add to my stress reducing list- drink lots and lots of water. Here's a list I found on http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4287/10-Reasons-Why-You-Should-Drink-More-Water.html about why drinking water is important:

"Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water: Don't Medicate, Hydrate!

1. Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!

2. Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger (hello natural appetite suppressant!), raises your metabolism and has zero calories!

3. Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).

4. Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around!

5. Maintains Regularity – Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.

6. Boosts Immune System – A water guzzler is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.

7. Natural Headache Remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by dehydration.

8. Prevents Cramps & Sprains - Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
 
9. Puts You in a Good Mood – When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!
 
10. Save Money! - Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than that high sugar and fat-filled latte!"

Who'd have thought something as basic as water could be so beneficial for your health? In the Middle Ages (shoutout if you're a true 1390's kid) people were super obsessed with finding the "Elixir of Immortality"- little did they know they could have just drunk 5 glasses of water a day, and it would have had the same effect.

Okay, so maybe water can't grant you immortality. And the website I got that list from probably isn't the most reputable. But there are other, more reliable sources that would also tell you that water's health benefits are undeniable, and the healthier and happier your body, the healthier and happier your mind! So I'm going to add "drink lots and lots of water" to my list. I tried this out Monday by drinking a glass every time I used the bathroom, which was annoying (I ended up having to take a bathroom break like every 45 minutes), but effective! I felt so refreshed the whole day.


All this talk about water is making me thirsty. I'm gonna go get a drink now. But before I go, here's the list of things I thought about when spacing out.

Thought About:
  • What's the big deal about anime?
  • Rhode Island accents- why does everyone who has one sound so stupid? Do I have one? I hope not. I will physically rip my vocal cords out if I do.
  • Figure skating. Just thought about that in general.
  • Who or what is a Beck, and why did he win Beyoncé's Grammy???


No comments:

Post a Comment