Monday, February 9, 2015


So this is a few days late. Could I get any more predictable.


I don't know why it's late, seeing as I've had a three day weekend to write this. Then again, I've wasted sooo many three day weekends over the past month. Sometimes four day weekends. It's the snowpocolypse where I live, and I think it's been over a month since I've had a full week of school. We've had a least two days off every week. At this rate, I'll be in school until the Fourth of July. I'm not even exaggerating. Mother Nature apparently doesn't want me to have a summer. Honestly, I'm starting to doubt if there'll ever be a summer, or if Northeast America will just be a permanent ice cube for the rest of my life.


But just because the rest of my life is on hold right now doesn't mean this blog is. It's time to get around to the part of the blog I've been putting off- the anxiety reduction plan. The scheme to decrease my stress levels. The agitation shrinking strategy. The pressure minimizing procedure. The poison. The poison for Kuzco, the poison chosen especially to kill Kuzco, Kuzco's poison.


I can't believe that's the first time I quoted that movie on this blog.


I'm a little confused as to what to do for my stress reduction plan. I know a bunch of tactics, but ironically enough, any mention of some kind of schedule sends me into a whirlwind of anxiety. Even if my schedule was only to listen to music and watch my favorite shows 24/7, it would give me anxiety. So I'm gonna keep my plan/schedule short and sweet.


1. Play guitar every day (unless I really don't have time) because music really relaxes me

2. Do some short exercises when I wake up and some stretches before I go to bed, because exercising is supposed to be very relaxing. I don't know if this is true for me, as I've taken multiple yoga/woman's fitness classes in the past, and they didn't seem to work when it came to reducing stress. I'm still going to add low-key exercising to my list because I'd like to be more active anyway. If I was ever in the Hunger Games I would be the first to die, as I can't run for more than 10 seconds without feeling like I'm about pass out. I wish I was exaggerating. So hopefully getting more active and fit will help to reduce my stress while increasing my leg muscles and stamina.

I don't have the time, money, or space to build a home gym, so my exercises will just be the so called "easy" stuff like lunges/wall squats. For the stretches, I have a whole sheet of recommended stretches from the physical therapist I went to when I was 11 (long story). And when my family finally has a wii, I'll play Just Dance to work off any extra stress I might be feeling.

3. Write this blog at least once a week! I'll be able to keep track of what tips and techniques are the most useful at reducing stress. And it's honestly kind of fun to write this. I mean, I'd rather be watching Parks and Recreation, but if I had to do schoolwork, this is the most enjoyable. Even if it does take me a ridiculous amount of time to write a post.


I've been writing this for almost three hours now. See, even when I like to do something, I can't stay concentrated on it for long. It sucks. Here's what I did/thought about this week instead of focusing:
.
  • Mentally planned my new room out in my head
  • Had a mini existential crisis- How old will I be when I die? What will the world be like then?
  • Remembered the time me and a friend played a game of monopoly so heated, it almost completely broke my friendship her
  • Thought about the first time I met my friend Shayna and she thought my name was Brooke
  • Took a break to eat ice cream
  • Thought about all the times I've been to Boston
  • Thought about some puppets I used to play with when I was younger. What happened to them??? Are they in my basement somewhere? Or at a dump? What if they're actually alive, like in Toy Story? They would feel so betrayed.
  • Pet my dog for a really long time (you can't blame me for that one though. She's so cute.)

 


I think this is a good place to sign off. See you in a week(ish)!

No comments:

Post a Comment